We are available for corporate parties, special events, family celebrations, private workshops, and school performances. Durham Improv has a variety of options including:
- “Short-form” improv games (like ones seen on “Whose Line is it anyway?”) that involve audience participation.
- “Long form” improv like our famous “improvised musical”, where the performers make up the plot, characters and songs on the spot.
- “Character walk-abouts” where the performers interact with the crowd in character and costume.
- Choose from one of our interactive dinner theatres…we come to you!
- Workshops in business skills and creativity! Groups can be from 12-100!
The performers are made up of up-and-coming talent, seasoned improvisers, Second City and TheatreSports main stage players as well as faces you’ve seen in commercials and Canadian television.
Consider us for your Fundraising!
We have been part of many fundraising events for churches, sports teams, and charitable organizations such as The United Way, Girls Inc., Community Living, and the Women’s Multicultural Resource and Counselling Centre of Durham.
Bring us in for a night of improv, character walk-abouts, or bring in one of our many interactive dinner theatre shows for a flat rate, then charge whatever ticket price you desire. Contact us for a quote!
“Gina & Joey’s Mafia Wedding” as a fundraiser for the Hampton church bell tower:
Character walk about, improv show, and hosting for the Women’s Multi-cultural Resource and Counselling Centre of Durham:
Participants at the Improv workshops at the yearly Girls Inc. fundraiser:
Character Walk-about, hosted fashion show, and performed an Improv set for the United Way’s “Diamonds for Divas” night!
The “20’s trio” have done walk abouts for the Oshawa General hospital fundraiser, the Durham Community Foundation fundraiser, Art with a Heart “Putting on the Ritz” gala, and the Mr. & Mrs. Comedy Auction benefiting Community Living. (Picture: John Walker – Oneword Photography)